Poll of a Billion Monkeys

Friday, January 12, 2007

Life of the mind in a boring job

I plan to write a lot on the subject how to keep an active life of the mind. Many people have jobs that are not very rewarding or challenging mentally. But tools like the internet, blogs, talk radio and mp3 players offer opportunities to keep an active and vigorous mind.

My most recent discovery in this area is the new library card. I use my library card every day from the comfort of my own home. The new card allows me to access expensive search engines that access magazines, newspapers and academic journals free of charge to me. I can research like a pro in my spare time. More bloggers should be aware of this and take advantage info available.

Also I don’t know if it is new or if I just noticed it but my library has added Rosetta Stone Language programming to the site. Right now I am trying out the Arabic portion. Considering the US lack of critical language skills a program like this should be widely know and used.

Digg!

Save This Page

No comments: