Poll of a Billion Monkeys

Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Humours of Idleness - Spiders and Insects and Anthills, Oh My!

Humours of Idleness - Spiders and Insects and Anthills,
Oh My!

This time folks I've decided to post some of the photographs of insect and arachnid and botanical life I've found on my property.
These images will compose the next few posts.

Future photographic posts will include nearby landmarks, pictures taken during my vadding and rudding expeditions, animals life found on my property and on nearby farms, and various other subjects.


Now for the Show:


My favorite local spider, a large black and yellow argiope. She made her web near the corner of a nearby building.


Her eggsac.



Her feeding.


Grand-daddy longlegs (being shy)


I ran over a huge anthill by accident in the tall grass. This caused the entire exposed colony to swarm. I took a picture but they swarmed over and into my boots within two to three seconds. I got a real good going over before being forced to run in the house and take a shower.


Anthill with larvae


Large red and black local Cow Killer


Local American migratory grasshopper

No comments: